A recent article posted in the Tech section of CNN.com has 10 interesting facts about Facebook. 47% of Facebook pages contain profanity? 48% of people look at their ex’s Facebook page too often.
Each fact is based on one of several surveys recently conducted. More details about each fact can be found on the original CNN page but here are some of the highlights:
- 56% of Americans think it’s irresponsible to friend your boss on Facebook
- Facebook links about sex are shared 90% more than average
- People in Facebook relationships are happier than single people
- 21% of people would break up via Facebook
- 85% of women are annoyed by their Facebook friends
- 25% of households with a Facebook account don’t use privacy controls
- 48% of parents friend their kids on Facebook
- 47% of Facebook users have profanity on their walls
- 48% of people say they look at their ex’s Facebook profile too often
- 36% of under-35s check Facebook, Twitter or texts after sex
Some other interesting numbers pointed out in the article include among under-35s, 36% admitted to “tweeting, texting and checking Facebook after sex.” Forty percent of respondents admitted to doing so while driving, 64% said they do so at work, and 65% use these communication channels while on vacation.
The original CNN story can be found here.